Naked Politics is a political blog for young people, that represents a whole variety of viewpoints.
Our values are that we are transparent, honest and agenda free.
A social media manager of the website who will have the following responsibilities:
- Posting content from the website to all relevant channels
- Designing social media copy that fits the brand’s voice
- Designing and implementing a social media calendar to ensure high quality regular content is posted
- Analysing social media analytics and using this data to improve engagement with the website
- Strong understanding of young audiences and how to engage them
- Strong knowledge of Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Able to write social media copy in a clear, concise, accessible manner
- A strong understanding of politics, social affairs and pop-culture
- A strong communicator
- Works well as part of a team
- Can demonstrate a passion for getting young people more engaged in politics
Hours: 2-3 per week
Please fill out our application form to apply.
New bloggers excited to contribute to us on an ad hoc or regular basis
What We Are Looking For:
- A non-academic, chatty, informal style
- Good writing skills
- Interesting takes on topical issues
- The ability to be able to form well argued opinions in writing
- The ability to use evidence to support opinions
- Blog posts which will be written for young people
- To support the core values of our site
What We’re Not Looking For:
- Over the top, sensationalist articles
- Overly academic writing- we like our articles to be complex in the issues they tackle, but not in the way they are written
- Anything derogatory or very offensive. We are open to all ranges of political opinion, but it goes without saying we will not tolerate anything deemed to be derogatory or defamatory.
If you’d like to contribute, please download and fill out our application form here and send your answer to Naked Politics Editor Banseka at firstname.lastname@example.org