Naked Politics is a political platform for young people, to engage young people in political and social issues in a way that makes sense for them.
Advisory board members
Naked Politics is looking for young people (18-25) to be a part of our new advisory board.
We’re an organisation for young people, and we want to make sure that what we do is resonating with young people, from a variety of backgrounds.
The function of the advisory board will be to meet every couple of months, to review Naked Politics’ planned activities and be a sounding board for creative new ideas about how to engage young people in politics.
This is an unpaid position, but any travel expenses including lunch will be paid for if travel is needed. We don’t reckon any travel will be needed anytime in the near future due to Coronavirus. The advisory board is expected to be remote for the meantime.
We’re particularly keen in getting members who are from either a BAME, LGBTQI, disabled, female and working class backgrounds to make sure we are representing the views of young people who are often heard from the least.
You can apply by filling out this form.
New writers to contribute to us on an ad hoc or regular volunteer basis
What We Are Looking For:
- A non-academic, chatty, informal style
- Good writing skills
- Interesting takes on topical issues
- The ability to be able to form well argued opinions in writing
- The ability to use evidence to support opinions
- Blog posts which will be written for young people
- To support the core values of our site
What We’re Not Looking For:
- Over the top, sensationalist articles
- Overly academic writing- we like our articles to be complex in the issues they tackle, but not in the way they are written
- Anything derogatory or very offensive. We are open to all ranges of political opinion, but it goes without saying we will not tolerate anything deemed to be derogatory or defamatory.
If you’d like to contribute please pitch ideas to our Director Banseka Kayembe at email@example.com
Please read our writer’s guide to ensure your idea is right for us before pitching to us.